Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Thursday, December 31, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR DEAR FRIENDS


My new year greetings and best wishes to all of you.

Thanks for sharing the past year with me.....the next one is likely to be just as rocky. Keep checking in here with me as I do my best to stay faithful to the struggle for true peace and real justice and share some stories about other good hearted souls on the same path.

My one request? Let me hear more from each of you in the coming year....gimme more feedback.

Always know that what each of you do indeed does make a difference...at least to me it does. You remind me that we are not alone and that is something very important.

OK, now let's get down to the important stuff here. Key reasons why I am a Kinks and Ray Davies fan are:

1) His sense of humor as you will see in the song lyrics below in the face of all kinds of problems

2) His touching sentimentality.....

3) His ability to get people to sing along with his social critique (an organizers dream I'd say)

Don't ever give up....I won't. I am planning to be on the picket line to the bitter end if need be. What could be more important than working hard, with wonderful people, to help make the world a better place for the future generations.....and all our relatives (the animals, the plant life, the water, the air, the sky, the rocks, the ground)?

We humans think we are so smart but we forget we are animals too....the spider knows what its job is....to spin the web - so do your job - help keep the fires burning for all our relatives.

Peace out til next year. Let's make it a more determined and active one - together.

Bruce



Holiday

Written by: Ray Davies (The Kinks)

Holiday,
Oh what a lovely day today,
I'm oh so glad they sent me away,
To have a little holiday today, holiday.
Holiday,
And I'm just standing on the end of a pier,
Hoping and dreaming you were here,
To share my little holiday.

Lookin' in the sky for a gap in the clouds,
Sometimes I think that sun ain't never coming out,
But I'd rather be here than in that dirty old town,
I had to leave the city cos it nearly brought me down.

Oh holiday, oh what a lovely day today,
I think I'll get down on my little ol' knees and pray, thank you Lord,
Thank heaven for that holiday today, holiday.
I'm leaving insecurity behind me,
The environmental pressures got me down,
I don't need no sedatives to pull me round,
I don't need no sleeping pills to help me sleep sound.

Oh holiday,
Oh what a lovely day today,
I think I'll get down on my little ol' knees and pray,
That's what I'll do,
Thank heaven for that holiday.

Lying on the beach with my back burned rare,
The salt gets in my blisters and the sand gets in my hair,
And the sea's an open sewer,
But I really couldn't care,
I'm breathing through my mouth so I don't have to sniff the air.

Oh holiday,
Oh what a lovely day today,
I'm so glad they sent me away,
To have a little holiday.

2 Comments:

Blogger heddwch a chyfiawnder said...

And from Cymru:
Happy, peaceful, abundant, thoughtful, healthy, gentle, crazy, warmthy, profound, revelationary ...or was it revolutionary New Year to you.keep it coming.


Keep breathing through your mouth ...but do keep on sniffing the air for us dear Bruce.


um...Is this feedback?

1/1/10, 11:58 AM  
Blogger Bruce K. Gagnon said...

Yes very good feedback, thank you very much....best wishes to you as well.....keep it going there too please.....

1/1/10, 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home