Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Thursday, April 05, 2012

DAY OFF


I have the day off today in Santa Monica although it began with a 5:30 am radio interview on KPFK for half an hour. I've now done three interviews in recent days on this landmark progressive station that is part of the Pacifica radio network. I'm told that the three shows I was on are among the most popular at the station.

It seemed like half the crowd that attended the jam packed meeting last night came after hearing me on the Lila Garrett show on KPFK. It was one of the most diverse meetings I've spoken to in many years. The library meeting room was full and people were standing outside the door. There were a huge number of questions and after we got thrown out of the library because it had to close people surrounded me on the sidewalk for another half an hour asking more.

Earlier in the day Randy took me to the Los Angeles Catholic Worker House where I spoke to the staff and volunteers. I focused on Jeju Island since I thought they'd appreciate hearing about the extraordinary participation of priests and nuns in the protests there. They also had many questions about my own personal story. Stayed for lunch of tortillas and beans which I thoroughly enjoyed.

So I have an easy afternoon and evening ahead of me. Right now I am in a local coffee shop picking up their Wifi connection. Later today I will have dinner with an Iraq veteran that someone suggested I meet.

Early tomorrow (7:30 am) I go into downtown Los Angeles to speak to the Interfaith Communities United for Peace & Justice at their monthly meeting (Immanuel Presbyterian Church). Then Randy and I will take a bus to Anaheim where I speak at the Unitarian Church at 7:00 pm.

I shipped newsletters and books to various local hosts along the 24-city speaking tour route. I've already run out of books here in Los Angeles. People should know that they can order my book online by using the green Donate Now button on our web site. The cost is $15 (includes s/h) and just specify that you want my book and we'll send it right away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home