Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Friday, August 23, 2013

ONLY GOOD NEWS TODAY




  • Housemate Karen told me this morning that my blog today ca only be filled with good news.  So here I go.
  • Our friend Phui Yi from Malaysia arrived back here late last night after a 25-hour trip from home for her summer vacation.  She is a student at nearby Bowdoin College and is a wonderful peace and justice activist.  Mary Beth helped her learn to drive during the last semester.  This morning we were joking about places with the craziest driving conditions and  I said my #1 in that category was Nagpur, India when at one intersection I saw cars, scooters, bicycles, trucks, buses, cows, monkeys, and an elephant - all without any traffic lights or policeman directing things.  That was exciting.
  • The Global Network newsletter is now online for your viewing pleasure.  We are taking orders from those who wish to help us spread it around their local community.  You tell us how many you want, we give them to you for free, and you just pay the postage.  I got an email this morning from a woman in Maine who has a wine wholesale business and she said she'd have her drivers spread them around as they make deliveries across the state.  Now that is good news for sure!  You can see the newsletter here
  • The radio interview I did last night on KPFA in Berkeley about Jeju is online.  Oliver Stone, K. J. Noh and I can be heard here
  • We are doing our second planting today of peas, green beans and lettuce.  Our tomato crop this year easily exceeds anything we've ever had before.  Likely has something to do with the very hot summer.... oops, that's not such good news.......
  • Karen just asked me if she could write a blog post once a month on good news.  I said of course, please do so.  I'll urge her to do it soon.  God knows we need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home